Welcome...please make yourself "at home"
Comfort, convenience and cleanliness are the hallmarks of our office. Below is information about office hours, location, appointment scheduling, insurance and billing.
Telephone: Please call our office with any additional questions and /or concerns you may have. If we do not answer during office hours we are likely helping a patient. Please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
FAX: You are welcome to fax us at 808 488-8578 (one digit different to our telephone number).
Angela M.A. Chin, DMD, FAGD
1314 S. King Street Suite 418
Honolulu, HI 96814
Tel: (808) 488-8577
|Monday:||06:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||06:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||06:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Thursday:||06:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Friday:||06:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Saturday:||06:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Sunday||By appointment only for patients of record|
*Later hours available on request for patients of record.
*Office hours are subject to change as needed with a rotating day off/administration day so we can accommodate patients who have a set day off. We welcome your call to make an appointment and will do our best to accommodate your needs and schedule.
Interstate Building at 1314 S. King Street. We are located in Suite 418.
As a new patient, your initial appointment will consist of a complete examination including:
- Thorough review of your medical and dental history-please bring a list of your medications.
- Head and neck examination
- Oral cancer screening
- Evaluation of your gums (periodontal charting) and teeth and restorations.
- Inspection of your bite and jaw joint (TMJ-temporomandibular joint).
- Intra-oral video camera tour of your mouth where you will see what Dr. Chin sees. The images taken will be reviewed during your next visit as part of your diagnostic consultation.
- Digital dental x-rays. A protective apron with thyroid collar is used when taking all x-rays.
- A panograph, other imaging studies and diagnostic models may also be necessary to obtain adequate information to make a complete assessment.
Insurance and Billing
Dr. Chin is not a contract dentist for any insurance carrier or Health Management Organizations. However, we are happy to file your insurance claims for your reimbursement as long as you are free to choose your own dentist. Financial arrangements are available for more complex procedures and cases. Please speak to our financial coordinator. Our goal is to have every patient select the option best suited for their situation and to coordinate your benefits and treatment so you can ultimately have your best healthy smile for a lifetime.
We accept Cash/Check and Visa/MasterCard/Discover/American Express. Financial arrangements are available for more complex procedures and cases. Please speak with our financial coordinator. Our goal is to have every patient understand and select the option best suited for their situation and to coordinate your benefits and treatment so you can ultimately have your best healthy smile for a lifetime. We are here to help you obtain the level of dental care that best fits your needs and dreams. While we are not contracted by any insurance company we strive to explain and maximize your benefits under the rules governing your plan.
Facilities and Equipment
- Strict infection control measures-we treat our patients as we ourselves would want to be treated. Many barriers are used and instruments are cleaned and sterilized after every use. A weekly sterilizer performance monitoring program is followed.
- Closed waterline system with regular maintenance
- Digital Intraoral Camera-images are very helpful in explaining your diagnosis and treatment.
- Operator Magnification Devices with Focus Light
- Hawaii State Radiation License and regular inspections as required by State of Hawaii.
- Our office is comfortable, clean and has a relaxing “at-home atmosphere”. Please call our office for directions as needed.