Online Dental Education Library
Our team of dental specialists and staff strive to improve the overall health of our patients by focusing on preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions associated with your teeth and gums. Please use our dental library to learn more about dental problems and treatments available. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, contact us.
Oral Hygiene/Health 2016 emphasis is on keeping our mouths more basic (higher ph), good salivary flow and encouraging a shift in oral flora (bacteria) to the "good guys" (non disease causing bacteria). At your next appointment, Dr. Chin will review your oral home care program. Updated suggestions may include regular use of remineralization pastes; dietary- arginine rich foods (see videos below), xylitol (amount and timing important), basic chews; tooth varnishes, non alcohol mouthrinses, mouth sprays, mouth gels. Healthy mouths help us have healthy bodies!
There are many methods for relieving oral pain. They include:
- Ice packs on the affected area.
- Avoiding hard candy or ice.
- Avoiding sleeping on your stomach.
Dentists use a wide array of pain management tools, including:
- Anesthetics such as Novocaine.
- Analgesics such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Sedatives, including a procedure known as "conscious sedation" or general sedation (also known as "deep sedation").